A Locally Owned and Operated Restoration Service Keeps Flood Damage in Gatlinburg in Check
Don't let flood damage ruin your enjoyment of the area's attractions. SERVPRO is always standing by.
SERVPRO Responds within Hours to Save Gatlinburg Properties Affected by Flooding Incidents
Gatlinburg is an attractive mountain resort city tucked away at the edge of Tennessee. Before the current occupation, the area was part of the pathways used by Native Americans during their hunting excursions. Today, the town provides a thrilling experience for visitors or residents who love spending time outdoors. Rafters and Kayakers, especially, can enjoy a great time in the Little Pigeon River with its exciting whitewater rapids. Some of the exciting things you may not know about the river include:
- It is one of the top rafted rivers in the entire country, although less known. In 2017 it was ranked third by the total number of visitors
- The Little Pigeon and the Pigeon River are separate bodies of water that never meet despite sharing a name
- Apart from tourism, the river powered the local economy in the early 1900s by driving the Old Mill gristmill, which provided the Pigeon Forge area's electricity.
A Great Place to Learn About the Early Settlements in the Appalachians
The Old Mill was of the many similar installations that littered the smoky mountains region in the 1800s. Apart from producing electricity, the technology was also crucial to the grinding of flour for pastries and other meals. Today, the Old Mill does not generate electricity but provides a perfect glimpse of life in the days gone of old. It features in the National Register of Historic Places, and among similar mills, it is one of the most photographed. There is a general store at the mill where visitors enjoy a wide range of homemade jellies, jams, and salad dressings, among other things. A visit to the mill provides a chance to learn how candy and pottery were once made by hand.
Learning the crafts from yesteryears can also happen in a formal setting such as the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts. The school serves anyone interested in arts such as woodturning, weaving, ceramics, paper-making, and painting, whether as a hobby or for other purposes. It is famous for its two-week, one-week, and weekend workshops. It is the oldest craft school in Tennessee, founded by the Pi Beta Phi women's fraternity of the early settlers in 1912. The move was prompted by reports of a lack of education and widespread poverty in the Southern Appalachian and the need to provide free education. Even in those early days, the school served as a place to learn informal aspects of life since the children in the area did not know most childhood games or even traditional Christmas celebrations, so the teachers had to fill in.
At the time of establishment, it was the only public school in the area. The situation improved in the early 1940s when Sevier County took control of public schools. Apart from teaching arts, records from teachers at school provide the only written account of everyday life in the area before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was established, which radically changed the region's economy and culture.
Present Day Attractions in Gatlinburg
Apart from past era monuments, Gatlinburg has many modern attractions that spice up what the Great Smoky Mountains National Park offers. The park has continued to draw tons of visitors since it was established in 1934. Its establishment had to overcome many economic, political, and cultural obstacles because its land was obtained from individuals then amalgamated to form the park. Some people also had to be relocated from the area since one of the main driving forces for its creation was to save the Southern Appalachian from the threat posed by the logging boom.
Some of the alternate attractions include:
- The Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, which hosts at least 10,000 sea creatures. It is said that there are more fishes in the aquarium than the people living within the confines of Gatlinburg town. It is a great place to see various species, including sharks, turtles, and penguins, among many others.
- Unique tours around the city, such as the Best Moonshine Distillery Tour and Tastings. The guided walking tour takes visitors to different local distilleries, tasting different flavors of the drink forbidden in the past when it was sold in secret. People also get to enjoy exciting stories about the history of the beverage during the tours.
- The Gatlinburg SkyLift Park which provides a perfect view of the smoky mountains and the entire town. The SkyBridge is famous for being the longest pedestrian suspension bridge. With the area's hilly nature, this might be the best way to see the locale with minimal effort.
How Long Does It Take SERVPRO to Respond To Flooding Incidents In Gatlinburg?
The mountainous terrain in the area tends to force rainwater into narrow channels posing risks to nearby properties. The flood factor scorecard places over 17% of properties at extreme risk of flooding. SERVPRO helps reduce the effects of flooding in Gatlinburg by offering faster response and access to sophisticated mitigation resources.
The best response to a flooding situation should start soon enough after the property is inundated to prevent secondary deterioration after the initial exposure to water. SERVPRO customer care staff are reachable 24 hours a day, so you can request assistance promptly after noticing flooding in your property. When called to a property, we take several steps, including:
- Sending a team to the site within four hours after receiving the call. Our techs are equipped with state of the art water extractors and moisture management equipment to counter the loss.
- Securing the property on arrival by boarding up openings or setting up roof tarps
- Moving items from flooding sections to unaffected areas within the property or an alternative location.
- Spraying EPA registered disinfectants directly into the floodwater to minimize the risk posed by pathogens.
SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties recognizes the hard work involved in making a home. Therefore, we work hard to mitigate the effects of flood damage helping Gatlinburg homeowners avoid severe losses. Call us any time at (865) 429-8885.
Warm-Up at the Chili Cook-Off Just Outside of Sevierville!
It will be exciting to see the community at the chili cook-off!
Sevierville Locals Can Come Taste The Mouth-Watering Recipes on November 12, 2020
The Gatlinburg Chili Cook-Off is sponsored by Bush's Chili Beans and held just outside of Sevierville. The cook-off brings many tastes together, including chili made from exotic meats, vegetarian and vegan options, and traditional creations. Bush's Chili Beans were featured as a foundation for many of the chili creations.
- The cook-off is November 12, 2020, from 5-8 p.m.
- There will be free; live entertainment offered throughout the event.
- Tickets are required to enter the event, and sales are limited to allow for attendees' social distancing.
- Tickets are $10
- Children 5 and under are Free
Once you enter the cook-off, you can taste each of the chilis and wait to see which dishes win the price from the judges at 8 PM. The band "On the Border," an Eagles tribute band, will provide the evening's musical entertainment.
SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties at (865) 429-8885 serves the local community by assisting local eateries to stay clean and healthy through commercial mold remediation as needed.
Does Water Cause Continuous Harm to a Property?
Sevierville Properties benefit from SERVPRO's fast water removal services using advanced drying equipment. We even save books.
Without Expert Water Mitigation, your Sevierville Home Could Suffer Extensive Losses. SERVPRO Has Water Restoration Technicians Ready to Help.
Is water intrusion in a property an urgent problem?
When large amounts of water enter an indoor environment that is not built to sustain it, severe damages can occur. A water intrusion event in your Sevierville home can affect materials, contents, and building structures. Microbes found in water can reproduce and begin to digest organic matter, which could be carpet fibers, textiles, or wood constructs like the Gypsum board. There are numerous reactions involving moisture that can occur in your property leading to expensive restoration such as condensation, dew points, evaporation, vapor pressure, and airflow. SERVPRO is a trained and qualified restoration service that can prevent these types of loss at residential properties.
What does water do to an indoor environment?
The goal of water mitigation in your Sevierville home is to negate water exposure's effects on structure and contents. Moisture absorbs into surfaces, especially porous ones, and could cause expensive damages. Some of these damages may be discolored or odorous. Others may present problems like structural weakening or sagging to build materials. Floor finishes like hardwoods can change shape leading to cupping and buckling. These types of harm can be avoided providing that you enlist an expert water technician to assess the property and mitigate losses. SERVPRO is a local provider with nationally recognized qualifications in water restoration.
How does evaporation affect an indoor structure?
- Evaporating moisture can raise the relative humidity within the structure, providing ideal conditions for microbial growth.
- As water combines with air, it can migrate throughout the home leading to condensation spots on surfaces, walls, or ceilings
- Evaporating moisture can crack paintwork or create bubbles on surfaces that come into contact with the humidity.
What are condensation issues in a property?
Condensation refers to the process of water vapors, transforming into liquids. When water vapors cool, they convert back into a liquid. These can cause your home issues during a water intrusion event as moisture spots appear in wall cavities and require specific drying equipment to remove. Moisture spots can also lead to mold growth without careful attention. Our technicians can deploy heaters and dehumidifiers into your property to ensure that the surrounding air holds more moisture and that water vapor is replaced by dry air. Managing a water loss site requires the expert application and technical equipment placement of dehumidifiers to prevent condensation-related damages in your home.
What is the dew point, and how does it affect restoration?
- The temperature that water vapors return to liquid is known as the dew point.
- If water vapor reaches the dew point, it can condensate onto inner walls causing extensive damage.
- Maintaining air temperature above the dew point allows for faster evaporation as hot air can retain more moisture than cold air.
How does the dew point affect electronic devices?
Our homes are full of electronic devices, from TVs to tablets and laptops. Once an electrical appliance has water exposure, it is essential to keep the machine off and remove all power sources- these can short-circuit, causing permanent harm. Instead, SERVPRO technicians seek to maintain indoor temperatures above the dew point and mitigate against condensation damage affecting your electrical devices. We can arrange for an electronics specialist to inspect and potentially repair wet electronic equipment in your home. Our subcontracting services are included within your restoration estimate, which means you only have to deal with one point of contact during mitigation services.
How does vapor pressure affect drying times in a wet property?
- Water vapor from evaporating moisture can push against surfaces, creating pressure.
- The more significant amounts of vapor in the air, the higher the level of pressure becomes
- Efficient drying times are created by maintaining a low vapor pressure in the property by removing moist air and replacing it with dry air.
How do water restoration technicians control evaporation, dew points, and condensation in a wet property?
The most effective method of mitigation in your home is to dry it quickly. By drying a property, we can avoid costly events such as microbial growth, discoloration, cracking, warping, and buckling of materials. Evaporation of liquid water is enhanced by providing consistent airflow and high temperature in a property. SERVPRO technicians create these conditions using rapid air-movers and portable heaters or furnaces. To prevent condensation damage, we draw moisture from the air, maintained above the dew point, using dehumidification equipment. Properties with long periods of water exposure may suffer damage to semi-porous materials like floorboards. These can be dried using desiccant dehumidifiers to reduce air moisture below 40 grains per pound in cold temperatures and draw water from inside semi-porous materials.
Quick-drying times are essential to mitigating potential losses in your home. Contact SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties at (865) 429-8885 now.
How Important is it to Replace Fittings after a Kitchen Fire?
When this homeowner called, we were there. From emergency board-up services to the final restoration.
SERVPRO Works to Restore Over Replace to Help Gatlinburg Residents Overcome Fire Damage in their Homes
Are burnt cabinets salvageable?
The kitchen in your Gatlinburg home is likely to suffer during a fire. Fittings like worktops, cabinets, and draws can all sustain extensive soot and smoke damages. Replacing these parts of the home is both time-consuming and expensive. Cleaning and restoration can often be a cost-efficient method of returning a home to its preloss condition. Many fires do not burn hot enough to harm finished woods or other types of furniture permanently. By applying the correct cleaning principles with professional action, SERVPRO is confident of removing many soot and residues, "Like it never even happened."
What are the cleaning principles for soot and smoke residues?
- Find the affected area and trace how far smokes have spread from the source
- Inspect the type of residue as well as the type of surface
- Use dry and wet cleaning to capture soot residues and remove them from the affected area
What are effective methods for cleaning soots and smoke from kitchen fittings?
Washing and wiping surfaces with fire damage in your Gatlinburg home can be frustratingly ineffective. Soots bond with surfaces at high pressure and temperature, which can make them stubborn to remove. Getting rid of soots or smokes from kitchen fittings often relies on temperature, dwell time, chemical action, or agitation. Sometimes all of these are combined to help remove soots. SERVPRO technicians have a range of methods for dealing with smoke residues, and we can tailor our approach to your home's unique situation.
What is fire damage restoration?
- Removing smoke residues from surfaces
- Disposing of non-salvageable materials
- Deodorizing any remaining smoke odors to return the property to its preloss condition
Smoke and soot often require advanced cleaning techniques and equipment to dislodge from surfaces. Contact SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties at (865) 429-8885.
My Business Has Suffered a Water Leak, Who Should I Call to Clean It Up?
SERVPRO Mitigates Water Damage from Libraries to Factories in the Greater Sevierville Area
Although There Are Several Water Removal Services in Sevierville, only a Few, Like SERVPRO, Can Successfully Handle Large Commercial Water Damaging Projects Quickly
At times, Sevierville can be deceiving to outsiders. Our city, nestled in the verdant hills just outside of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, sometimes hides its true nature from those venturing into the area for the first time. Although small and hidden in the hills, it is truly a bustling tourist destination during its active summer and fall seasons. Throughout the area, the tourist industry thrives. There are theme parks, numerous museums, a myriad of outdoor activity venues, and various other tourist attractions. Of course, there are also a host of hotels, restaurants, souvenir shops, and other businesses that service these visitors. Sometimes, when unexpected water-related issues arise, these are the businesses that need help recovering.
What Can Cause Standing Water in My Business?
SERVPRO, a Sevierville water removal service, has successfully dealt with the various causes of standing water in local businesses. These causes have ranged from the almost undetectable to those that are obvious and almost immediately catastrophic. Drawing from our extensive experience, we find that most water problems requiring professional extraction service result from one or more of the following causes:
- Clogged gutters that cause slow-developing water leaks behind the walls of your building
- Minor to major roof leaks that can either go undetected, causing great damage over the long-term, or cause substantial sudden, and readily apparent problems
- Corroded water containers that allow water to seep out over time
- Malfunctioning appliances or fabricating equipment that slowly leak or dump large amounts of water all at once
- Accidentally activated sprinkler/fire extinguishing systems
- Drippy or ruptured water pipes
Regardless of which of these issues are behind your standing water, it is important to resolve it as soon as you can to limit your losses and preserve your business.
Since the Cause of My Water-Related Issue is Not So Obvious, How Can SERVPRO Effectively Locate It?
SERVPRO technicians are armed with their finely-honed skills and cutting edge detection tools that are capable of precisely locating even the most minor hidden moisture sources. These skills and equipment enable them to confidently find and stop the flow of water from where it originates. The following is a brief list of what we use to locate the source of your water problem:
- Our advanced Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training and experience in identifying even the most subtle telltale signs of water damage
- High-tech moisture sensors that can tell us which surfaces and content items have higher than normal moisture levels
- Precision moisture meters to indicate how much materials around your workplace have been impacted by your water issue
- Infrared cameras, which can see through baseboards, walls, and ceilings, to locate where hidden leaks are
- Borescopes which can peer into hidden cracks and crevices and wall voids
Using all of these resources, SERVPRO can often successfully find the source of your problem quickly. This enables us to stop your leak and begin our remediation work sooner, limiting overall damage and saving you time and money in the long run.
What Kind of Equipment Does SERVPRO Use to Remove Standing Water and Excess Moisture from My Commercial Site?
When performing their water removal and remediation work, our experts have several key pieces of equipment at their disposal. Much of this gear is designed for the unique requirements of water damaged businesses and their need to return to operations as soon as possible. Some of the water extraction and drying tools we use are:
- Powerful truck-mounted and portable extractors that can, even if the power has failed at your location, swiftly remove any amount of standing water from your shop, store, restaurant, office building, or hotel
- High-velocity fans and air movers to rapidly replace moist interior air with drier exterior air
- Strong low-grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers that quickly condense large amounts of moisture from the air, to levels under forty grains per pound
- Industrial strength desiccant dehumidifiers, which use moisture-attracting substances like silica gel to dry interior air
- Injecti-dry systems that can connect to networks of air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out the air in hard-to-reach places behind ceilings, walls, and baseboards
As you can see, whatever water-related situation you face, we likely have the right equipment to resolve it promptly. Moreover, our technicians are specifically trained to use them effectively during all stages of the water removal and drying process.
With all that said, do not let a water leak decimate your business and cost you dearly. Remember that there are neighborhood services that can help you recover and return to operations quickly. If you need water extracted from your business or other remediation work done, call SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties at (865) 429-8885 for assistance.
Why is Fast Action So Important in Mold Remediation?
Mold grows easily in Tennessee. Should you see signs of mold in your home, call SERVPRO.
Gatlinburg Homeowners Need Mold Remediation in A Hurry
People living in Gatlinburg know that some things you should not leave “until later.” For example, if you have a broken pane of glass in your home or notice an appliance has a severely frayed wire, it is better to deal with it immediately.
If you need mold remediation in Gatlinburg, you should not wait. Every day counts when it comes to stemming mold growth.
Why is it essential to act fast if I spot mold?
If you do not take swift action, mold can easily:
- Spread further throughout the affected area
- Cause damage to drywall, wood, and fabric
- Grow on furniture, cushions, and upholstery
- Damage valuable papers and documents
- Release spores which circulate to other parts of your home and start new colonies
Mold spores move fast and can quickly become airborne, spreading throughout your home.
When is SERVPRO available?
We are constantly available, 24/7. Being on-call round the clock means we are Faster To Any Size Disaster - including fungal growth. When you need mold remediation in a hurry, you can rely on us to come to your aid.
We put all our technicians through a thorough fifteen-day training program, and our teams adhere to the latest industry guidelines for remediation. You can be sure our team has the know-how to deal with mold swiftly and effectively.
How does SERVPRO prevent mold spreading?
One of the key reasons for taking fast action is to prevent the mold from spreading. Our technicians do this by:
- Using plastic sheeting and tape to set up containment around the affected area
- Adding a decontamination area for our team if needed
- Employing air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to pull mold from the air
- Using negative air machines to catch mold spores and vent them outside your property
- Drying the affected room and monitoring drying progress
Mold loves moisture, so reducing moisture is essential to mold-fighting efforts.
Mold is naturally occurring, and it is impossible to eliminate it completely. However, by acting fast and taking steps to prevent a recurrence, we can reduce the risk of mold regrowth in your home.
For swift mold remediation, call SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson, & Cocke Counties at (865) 429-8885.
More about Gatlinburg.
How Hard Is It to Restore My Gatlinburg Home After a Flood?
Flood damage in your home can leave lasting effects that you may not even realize. Contact SERVPRO for professional remediation services right away.
To Professionally Restore Your Gatlinburg Home After a Flood, Contact SERVPRO
Does Storm Flooding Restoration Take More Time Than Other Kinds of Flooding?
Gatlinburg flood damage restoration after a storm has additional steps due to the outside water. Primarily, SERVPRO restoration team specialists deal with the contaminants (soil, pesticides, garbage, etc.) that are not present when the water spills from a cracked inlet pipe or a failed water heater.
Where Do Your Specialists Begin?
Demolition and Removal - The outside water deposits too many contaminants on carpets for us to guarantee they are safe to use after cleaning. After removing the floodwater, team members pull up and dispose of the carpeting and padding underneath. In addition to carpets, the contaminants can also quickly stain or otherwise ruin floor trim, and drywall panels. The list for immediate disposal can also include ceiling tiles if the storm flooding entered through a storm-damaged roof or wall.
Cleaning The Floors – If left standing long enough, contaminants can cause further damage to wood floors and linoleum. Specialists use cleaning agents designed to clean each type of flooring without splitting floorboards or causing the vinyl to lift and separate from the glue holding it in place, allowing air or water bubbles to form in the gaps.
What Else Does the Response Team Do for My Home?
SERVPRO team members also examine each residence for any lingering odors left by the contaminated floodwater. While removing the damaged items reduces the number of odors, it does not eliminate them. Specialists use industrial-strength cleaners and anti-bacterial agents to break down the particles which cause odors. If the particles penetrate deeply into the wood, they can use a fogger device to create a cloud of deodorizing and cleaning particles that bind with and eliminate odor particles.
To schedule a service call with our restoration specialists, contact SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties today at (865) 429-8885. We are here to return your home to a clean, livable condition as swiftly as possible.
Click here for more information about Gatlinburg.
How Can Soot Get Removed from My Pigeon Forge Home?
After fire damage SERVPRO can help make it "Like it never even happened."
Depending on its location and the materials affected, soot can be a considerable threat to your property if not addressed quickly and deliberately.
Fire restoration and recovery can be an overwhelming process for Pigeon Forge homeowners. Seeing your property in such disarray after a structure fire can leave you questioning whether the house will ever look the same again. As a trusted restoration company for many insurance providers serving our area, we understand all of the obstacles we could face with your home's restoration and recovery. We work alongside your insurance adjuster to meet their expectations, needs, and limitations. In many ways, beginning as soon as our team first arrives, we are working to make fire losses, "Like it never even happened."
Among the most threatening conditions that exist after fire damage in Pigeon Forge homes are smoke residues and soot. These residues and circulating particles can be hazardous to the health of those exposed and provide a threat to the surfaces where these particulates come to rest. Addressing these concerns requires multiple strategies, equipment, and even qualified personnel.
How Does Soot Develop?
Despite the destruction you might see looking around your house after a fire gets extinguished, much of what you view is incomplete combustion. Half-burned materials and contents can often be a catalyst for soot production and smoke residues adhering to the walls, ceilings, and other surfaces throughout the house. Soot can be among the most dangerous and threatening presences in your home after a fire, specifically because of its effect on those exposed without the appropriate personal protective equipment. Our technicians responding to fire loss incidents arrive with respirators, coveralls, and other protective gear to ensure that we are not directly exposed to hazardous conditions until the property's appropriate evaluation has taken place. With soot concerns, the primary threatening aspects of this health hazard include:
- Microscopic size
How Can You Remove Smoke Residues from Wall and Ceiling Surfaces?
Our responding technicians' primary focus is to address smoke residues adhered to services throughout your property. The faster that we can remove these safely, the less threat of our technicians or the occupants of the house becoming exposed to threatening conditions. Also, our focus on eliminating soot buildup on the services of specific materials and wall systems can protect these materials from the particles' acidic nature. There are many factors involved in choosing the right approach for removing smoke residues, including the type of residue present, the thickness of the coating, the material underneath the residue, and other factors. Specific abrasive cleaning techniques could damage underlying materials if these considerations do not happen before cleaning begins. Among the popular choices for residue removal, we often consider:
- Media Blasting – The premise of blasting involves using media like baking soda and pressurized water or air to dislodge and remove smoke residues from exposed materials' surfaces. This approach can impact the coating of soot exclusively without damaging the underlying substrate.
- Dry Ice Blasting - Pressurized dry ice pellets (CO2) are placed in a hopper and then directed at slightly charred roof members to scrape off a thin layer of carbonized wood. This means that supporting structures, especially for the roof, do not require demolition.
- Surface Cleaning – Oily residues like you might find after proteins have burned, can be equally challenging to remove from specific surfaces. Emulsification is the best approach in these situations, and this occurs by introducing water-based solvents to the surfaces along with abrasive cleaning techniques.
- Controlled Demolition – In more extreme cases where so the damage has already impacted the material to the point of degradation or staining, the suitable approach is to remove the affected portions of the construction material. Addressing the situation quickly can reduce a greater need for tear-out and reconstruction overall.
Can Soot Get Removed from Contents?
Protecting your personal belongings is also a focal point of our fast response to fire emergencies. Soot can be just as considerable of a threat to these possessions as it is to services throughout the home. In many situations, it is cost-effective and more efficient to relocate these damaged belongings to our SERVPRO facility for focused cleaning and restoration. We have several specific techniques designed exclusively to address smoke residues within varying materials. Some of these approaches include:
Removing smoke residues requires specific equipment, products, and experienced personnel to achieve. You can count on the fast response and industry-leading equipment of our SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties team when fire emergencies occur. Give us a call whenever you need us at (865) 429-8885.
The Roof In my Store is Leaking Due to a Storm; What do I do?
If roof damage allows water into your business, call SERVPRO for restoration.
Take Quick Action and Call a Professional Team When You have Flood Damage in Your Sevierville Store
Storms can have a detrimental effect on your Sevierville business, and most of it is unavoidable. Whether there is a power outage that threatens your inventory or a leaky window, water in your store disrupts your day-to-day operations. In extreme cases, the roof or a door can break down enough for water to flood your space. When flooding occurs, you need a professional team to inspect the damage and develop a suitable action plan.
Our team is ready to handle flood damage in your Sevierville business. At SERVPRO, we pride ourselves on our ability to arrive promptly and provide a thorough assessment of the situation, so you have the information you need to make business decisions. Our expertise is verified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the certifying agency in our industry. Rather than assembling a team of contractors to address your needs, let our crew take the helm and lend our expertise to your restoration process.
How does a professional team clean my business after a flood?
Many people wonder what exactly is the difference between hiring a professional restoration team and taking action yourself. Besides our formal training in all water restoration matters, we also have within our reach the latest techniques and equipment in the industry. Handling each project with the correct tools makes for more efficient use of time and money, mitigating your loss. As our SERVPRO team addresses problem areas in your store, we may use some of the following to achieve restoration-
- Water extractors of various capacities to remove significant volumes of water as well as water hiding in hard-to-reach places
- Foggers to spray antimicrobial solutions through your store, allowing them to settle on all surfaces and prevent the spread of bacteria
- Dehumidifiers of varying sizes to improve the speed of absorption for moisture in the air
SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties understands your needs as a business suffering from flood damage. Call us at (865) 429-8885 and let us be your ally in a time of crisis. Like you, we want your store to feel, "Like it never even happened."
How Can I Remove the Soot After My House Fire?
Our professionals have state of the art equipment to clean up and restore your home so you can return safely after a fire.
Fire Damage and Soot are No Match for SERVPRO – Let Us Restore Your Gatlinburg Home!
Any sudden blaze will leave your Gatlinburg property with copious amounts of debris and plenty of stubborn soot residue. When you call SERVPRO to help, we ensure that your interior gets restored to preloss condition, free of any fire reminders. Our objective is to make it “Like it never even happened,” with each project we are called out to. We deploy our Green Fleet to get to work, providing our state-of-the-art methods and professional equipment.
Will All the Odors and Soot Go Away?
Soot and smoke particles are often stubborn, making them a priority for each call we have to help with fire damage in Gatlinburg. Because the soot is acidic by nature, it can lead to corrosion of certain materials, such as metals. Our skilled technicians address harsh soot residue in several ways, including:
- Wet or dry methods help to loosen smoke and soot particles from a variety of surface areas.
- Thermal foggers work to heat up deodorizing agents to form a chemical cloud, which then penetrates the materials and helps pull out odorous particles.
- When there is a substantial amount of smoke residue present on surfaces, we can seal the walls using a special primer. This gets followed up with the final paint color for a flawless finish.
What About the Air in My Home?
Indoor air quality is always essential with a fire restoration job, which is why we employ various filtration tools to pull out particulates from the air within your home. This helps eliminate lingering smoke odors while ensuring that your interior air is safe for inhabitants.
- Air Scrubbers – these powerful tools inhibit microorganism colonization while reducing air particulates.
- Hydroxyl Generators – this equipment deodorizes your interior while filtering and purifying the air with HEPA filtration.
When you need help reversing the impact of fire damage, call our team at SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties. We are available for emergency restoration services 24/7 at (865) 429-8885.
Want to see more about Gatlinburg.