Why is Fast Action So Important in Mold Remediation?
Gatlinburg Homeowners Need Mold Remediation in A Hurry
People living in Gatlinburg know that some things you should not leave “until later.” For example, if you have a broken pane of glass in your home or notice an appliance has a severely frayed wire, it is better to deal with it immediately.
If you need mold remediation in Gatlinburg, you should not wait. Every day counts when it comes to stemming mold growth.
Why is it essential to act fast if I spot mold?
If you do not take swift action, mold can easily:
- Spread further throughout the affected area
- Cause damage to drywall, wood, and fabric
- Grow on furniture, cushions, and upholstery
- Damage valuable papers and documents
- Release spores which circulate to other parts of your home and start new colonies
Mold spores move fast and can quickly become airborne, spreading throughout your home.
When is SERVPRO available?
We are constantly available, 24/7. Being on-call round the clock means we are Faster To Any Size Disaster - including fungal growth. When you need mold remediation in a hurry, you can rely on us to come to your aid.
We put all our technicians through a thorough fifteen-day training program, and our teams adhere to the latest industry guidelines for remediation. You can be sure our team has the know-how to deal with mold swiftly and effectively.
How does SERVPRO prevent mold spreading?
One of the key reasons for taking fast action is to prevent the mold from spreading. Our technicians do this by:
- Using plastic sheeting and tape to set up containment around the affected area
- Adding a decontamination area for our team if needed
- Employing air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to pull mold from the air
- Using negative air machines to catch mold spores and vent them outside your property
- Drying the affected room and monitoring drying progress
Mold loves moisture, so reducing moisture is essential to mold-fighting efforts.
Mold is naturally occurring, and it is impossible to eliminate it completely. However, by acting fast and taking steps to prevent a recurrence, we can reduce the risk of mold regrowth in your home.
For swift mold remediation, call SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson, & Cocke Counties at (865) 429-8885.
More about Gatlinburg.