My Business Has Suffered a Water Leak, Who Should I Call to Clean It Up?
Although There Are Several Water Removal Services in Sevierville, only a Few, Like SERVPRO, Can Successfully Handle Large Commercial Water Damaging Projects Quickly
At times, Sevierville can be deceiving to outsiders. Our city, nestled in the verdant hills just outside of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, sometimes hides its true nature from those venturing into the area for the first time. Although small and hidden in the hills, it is truly a bustling tourist destination during its active summer and fall seasons. Throughout the area, the tourist industry thrives. There are theme parks, numerous museums, a myriad of outdoor activity venues, and various other tourist attractions. Of course, there are also a host of hotels, restaurants, souvenir shops, and other businesses that service these visitors. Sometimes, when unexpected water-related issues arise, these are the businesses that need help recovering.
What Can Cause Standing Water in My Business?
SERVPRO, a Sevierville water removal service, has successfully dealt with the various causes of standing water in local businesses. These causes have ranged from the almost undetectable to those that are obvious and almost immediately catastrophic. Drawing from our extensive experience, we find that most water problems requiring professional extraction service result from one or more of the following causes:
- Clogged gutters that cause slow-developing water leaks behind the walls of your building
- Minor to major roof leaks that can either go undetected, causing great damage over the long-term, or cause substantial sudden, and readily apparent problems
- Corroded water containers that allow water to seep out over time
- Malfunctioning appliances or fabricating equipment that slowly leak or dump large amounts of water all at once
- Accidentally activated sprinkler/fire extinguishing systems
- Drippy or ruptured water pipes
Regardless of which of these issues are behind your standing water, it is important to resolve it as soon as you can to limit your losses and preserve your business.
Since the Cause of My Water-Related Issue is Not So Obvious, How Can SERVPRO Effectively Locate It?
SERVPRO technicians are armed with their finely-honed skills and cutting edge detection tools that are capable of precisely locating even the most minor hidden moisture sources. These skills and equipment enable them to confidently find and stop the flow of water from where it originates. The following is a brief list of what we use to locate the source of your water problem:
- Our advanced Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training and experience in identifying even the most subtle telltale signs of water damage
- High-tech moisture sensors that can tell us which surfaces and content items have higher than normal moisture levels
- Precision moisture meters to indicate how much materials around your workplace have been impacted by your water issue
- Infrared cameras, which can see through baseboards, walls, and ceilings, to locate where hidden leaks are
- Borescopes which can peer into hidden cracks and crevices and wall voids
Using all of these resources, SERVPRO can often successfully find the source of your problem quickly. This enables us to stop your leak and begin our remediation work sooner, limiting overall damage and saving you time and money in the long run.
What Kind of Equipment Does SERVPRO Use to Remove Standing Water and Excess Moisture from My Commercial Site?
When performing their water removal and remediation work, our experts have several key pieces of equipment at their disposal. Much of this gear is designed for the unique requirements of water damaged businesses and their need to return to operations as soon as possible. Some of the water extraction and drying tools we use are:
- Powerful truck-mounted and portable extractors that can, even if the power has failed at your location, swiftly remove any amount of standing water from your shop, store, restaurant, office building, or hotel
- High-velocity fans and air movers to rapidly replace moist interior air with drier exterior air
- Strong low-grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers that quickly condense large amounts of moisture from the air, to levels under forty grains per pound
- Industrial strength desiccant dehumidifiers, which use moisture-attracting substances like silica gel to dry interior air
- Injecti-dry systems that can connect to networks of air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out the air in hard-to-reach places behind ceilings, walls, and baseboards
As you can see, whatever water-related situation you face, we likely have the right equipment to resolve it promptly. Moreover, our technicians are specifically trained to use them effectively during all stages of the water removal and drying process.
With all that said, do not let a water leak decimate your business and cost you dearly. Remember that there are neighborhood services that can help you recover and return to operations quickly. If you need water extracted from your business or other remediation work done, call SERVPRO of Sevier, Jefferson & Cocke Counties at (865) 429-8885 for assistance.